Friday, April 17, 2020

Can loneliness make me sick?

Yes, Yes, a big yes on this. Loneliness caused due to depression out of social boycott or indifferent attitude of the near and dear ones is a purely biological aspect and may result in illness. A person may also experience severe loneliness if they are lied to by a trusted friend, ostracized by their social group, made fun of, or otherwise rejected. We may also feel lonely if we’ve been rejected in some romantic interest.
Long-term loneliness can be fueled by mental illness, a chronic physical illness that keeps us from living an active life, loss of mobility due to sickness or aging, or friendships and relationships that don’t quite fit.
People are social creatures. Most people need to have some social connections that fit appropriately for them to stave off feelings of loneliness.
Being around people who are a wrong fit in personality or emotional capacity can also make a person lonely.
A person who is unique and doesn’t quite fit into a standard social mold may also feel alone because they just can’t envision themselves as part of any collective unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm in emotional and social trap. Whatever I want to do, I have to seek validation and permission from people around me. I could not be able to go with my instinct. What should I do?

Emotional people are a gift to society, they see or feel what others cannot even sense. They win hearts easily because of their caring att...